Medial social services will be provided by a qualified social worker, under the direction of a physician. Social work services will be based on the patient's psycho social assessment and the patient and family's needs. The social worker will participate in the coordination of care with the Interdisciplinary Group (IDG) and participate in on-call rotation per Agency needs.
Education: Bachelors or Masters Degree in Social Work from a State accredited program. If the MSW has a Bachelor's degree and is hired after 12/02/08, must be supervised by a Master's of Social Work (§418.114).
Licensure: Texas Certification; Current Driver's License
Experience: One (1) year social worker experience in a health care agency.
Skills: Working knowledge of community resources. Good interpersonal skills.
Transportation: Reliable transportation. Valid auto liability insurance.
Environmental and Working Conditions: Works in patients' homes in various conditions; possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids and infectious diseases; ability to work a flexible schedule; ability to travel locally; possible exposure to unpleasant weather.
Physical and Mental Effort: Prolonged standing and walking are required. May require occasionally working under stressful conditions providing nutritional counseling and education to terminally ill patients and their families.
- Assess hospice patient to identify psychosocial, financial, environmental and community needs as evidenced by POC documentation, clinical records, team meeting minutes and community resource referrals.
- Use effective interpersonal relations and communication skills; facilitates the use of these skills by other team members to achieve desirable outcomes.
- Meet mandatory continuing education requirements of the agency/licensing board.
- Demonstrate commitment, professional growth and competency by maintaining a working knowledge of public and private eligibility standards and requirements.
- Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure quality of care.
- Attend interdisciplinary team meeting, participate in the patient care planning process and collaborates with Interdisciplinary Team to promote coordination of patient care.
- Accept clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to meet the needs of the patients.