The Medical Assistant oversees the medical care of clients, including guiding clients in self-administration of medications. The Medical Assistant will participate in activities during and in preparation for all accreditation, licensing, or other surveys. The Medical Assistant must have an understanding of poly substance abuse, insurance documentation, and utilization review management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for administering treatment for and oversee clients' medical needs.
* Ensures clear and accurate documentation of significant medical events.
* Ensures CARF and industry standards are met by nursing department.
* Meets deadlines established by supervisor.
* Maintains good customer service with clients and employees.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Generate a detox treatment plan in the client's chart, and the medical provider will sign it (at admission, prior to the client going on the unit).
* MA assigned to the client will make sure that the Medical Director has signed both the diagnosis/medical necessity document and detox treatment plan documents within 24 hours, and will contact the Medical Director if the signature is still missing from the chart.
* MA will write a progress note about the client's previous 24 hours in treatment.
* MA will complete a discharge summary for the detox episode within 24 hours of completing detox.
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
* Strong clinical/medical skills.
* Must be detail oriented.
* Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines as well as be flexible and dependable.
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
* Knowledge of principles and processes for providing client services. This includes client-needs assessments, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of client satisfaction.
* Ability to provide exceptional client service with the ability to resolve service issues.
* Knowledge of CRF standards.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities with a sense of urgency.
* Excellent interpersonal communication (verbal and written).
* Being aware of other's reactions, understanding why they react as they do, and adjusting one's own actions in relation to others.
* Promote a positive response to change, with clients as well as other staff members.
* Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through verbal and written words and sentences.
* Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
* Combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions; including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events.
* Identify/recognize when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and know who to involve for resolution.
* Generate various ideas about a given topic.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard clinical environment with extensive client contact and frequent interruptions. Due to the nature of the work, the associate may be exposed to bodily fluids and odors on an occasional basis.
* Vision: Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight (up to 40 pounds); to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
* Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Education and Experience:
* Must be a Certified Medical Assistant
* Must have valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
* Must maintain CPR and First Aid certifications.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by managers to perform other instructions and duties. This job description may be revised from time to time and does not constitute a contract for employment.