We are looking for a Part-Time Pharmacist to join our staff in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn.
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy degree required. Perform the duties of a pharmacist working in an independent retail pharmacy. Hard workers who are eager to learn and grow welcome. Comply with all state and federal guidelines and policies. Russian speakers preferred. Availability on Saturdays (alternating weeks) a must. Experience in InteRx preferred but not required (we will train you on the job).
Position available is in a long-standing and well-loved by the community independent retail pharmacy. We treat our patients like family and pride ourselves on a harmonious and welcoming environment for staff and patients.
- Preparation of medications:
- Accurately review and interpret physician & healthcare provider orders
- Identify improper dosages and drug interactions and communicate with physicians to ensure the utmost level of care for our patients
- Manage patient medication regimens
- Communicate with patients and discuss their medications
- Discuss and explain to patients what medications they are taking and what each is for
- Inform them of changes in dosage or drugs they are prescribed to keep them up to date with their regimen
- Interpret symptoms that patients have to be able to offer advice on treatments including OTC options
- Provide direct supervision to pharmacy technicians on staff
- Order stock as necessary, maintain proper inventory
- Comply with all NYS and Federal regulations
- NYS Pharmacist License in good standing.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy.
- 1 year minimum work experience in independent retail pharmacies, 2 years preferred.
- Must be fluent in English and Russian.
- Good interpersonal skills and verbal communication skills for interacting with patients as well as other healthcare providers and insurance companies.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills to maintain order of workflow and inventory
- Be knowledgeable, compassionate, considerate, responsible and punctual
Job Type: Part-Time
Schedule: 2 days per week 9:00AM – 7:00PM, Saturdays 9:00AM – 4:00PM (every other week)
Hours per week: 20-27
Education: Bachelors of Science in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy (Preferred)
Experience: 1 year minimum working in a community/independent retail pharmacy.
COVID-19 Considerations: All customers are required to wear masks. All common surfaces are cleaned and disinfected multiple times throughout the day. Social distancing guidelines are in place.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required for staff in compliance with NYC guidelines.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $50.00 - $60.00 per hour