Miami Jewish Health is one of the largest providers of healthcare and living options for aging adults in the Southeast. We operate Florida PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) Centers, the largest PACE program in Florida, which serves as health plan, healthcare provider, and social center designed for older adults with complex medical needs. We have four adult day health centers that serve participants in Miami-Dade and Broward counties.
Our careers are challenging, meaningful and rewarding. Join us now to do purposeful work in supporting our community’s seniors and their families.
Job Title: Clinical Support Technician
Performs patient care activities and other tasks as assigned to assist the Nursing and Medical team.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs a variety of routine participant activities and maintains a comfortable environment. Including but not limited to hygiene needs, bowel and bladder functions, lifting/transporting participants in wheelchairs, and daily living activities
- Performs a variety of routine participants care procedures such as collecting and delivering specimens, reporting to Lab company, and reporting to medical on results by uploading in EMR
- Perform EKG 12 lead
- Collecting participant weight and assistance with medical and nursing in all treatment procedures
- Transports residents, supplies, equipment, etc. between Center and other departments as needed
- Promptly reports all changes observed in patient condition to supervisor
- Organizes cleans and maintains the clinic and lab areas daily
- Keeps abreast of all regulations and standards to ensure compliance with orders or directives. Participates in departmental activities and follows established guidelines
- Attends department meetings and in-services as needed
- Maintains flexibility in schedule and responds to unexpected emergencies and change in workload in order to fulfill responsibilities
- Perform all required documentation using appropriate tools, for medical record keeping accurately and in a timely basis. For example, record arrival and departure times, vital signs, gathering of data/information related to health status or condition and report appropriately
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of a Certified Nursing Assistant or Medical Assistant Program
- Minimum of three months experience as a Medical Assistant or CNA
- Have 1 year of experience working with a frail or elderly population or if the individual has less than 1 year of experience must receive appropriate training from the PACE organization on working with a frail or elderly population upon hiring
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant license in the State of Florida and/or Medical Assistant Diploma
- EKG and Phlebotomy certificate or Medical Assistant Diploma
- BLS Certification from the American Heart Association
- Bilingual in English and Spanish or Creole preferred
- Good communication skills
- Ability to think and act calmly to meet unusual occurrences of the job
- Demonstrates a caring attitude toward families, staff and other departments and agencies
Environment Work Conditions:
- Normal working condition with adequate lighting and ventilation
- Ability to assist transferring participants and ambulation, which may involve lifting, pushing, and pulling of patients from 50-450 pounds
Infectious Material Exposure:
- Routine exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues
- Ensures that resident’s/patient’s rights are adhered to
- Demonstrates professionalism and accountability
- Demonstrates a caring attitude consistent with Miami Jewish EmpathicareSM toward MJH residents, patients, family members, employees, and other facility guests
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills
- Ensures confidentiality and security of patients’ medical information
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate channels of communication
- Able to speak, read and write English
- Able to think and act calmly to meet unusual occurrences of the job
- Adheres to the organization’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Participates in departmental activities, meetings and in-services and follows established guidelines
- Maintains a safe working environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We believe in the power of empathy, the value of relationships and the importance of a life well-lived. Come see why Miami Jewish Health is unlike anywhere you’ve ever worked before. We offer competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision coverage and a 403(b)-retirement savings plan for eligible full and part-time positions, free on-campus parking, an onsite fitness center and more.
Miami Jewish Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Miami Jewish Health is one of the largest healthcare providers in the southeast focused on our aging population. Our unique continuum of care on our 20+ acre campus located in the Buena Vista neighborhood of Miami, offers services that include short and long-term skilled nursing, a state-of-the art on-site dialysis center in partnership with DaVita, a 32-bed acute-care hospital, an ambulatory health clinic, an inpatient hospice unit in partnership with Seasons Hospice, a memory and research institute specializing in the treatment and support of those living with Alzheimer’s disease and other neurocognitive disorders, a multidisciplinary functional restoration program for the treatment of chronic pain, home health and home care services, and assisted and independent living. Additionally, we have the largest Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) in the state of Florida, with three locations in Dade County and one in Broward County.
Florida PACE Centers at Miami Jewish Health is one of the largest Programs for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) in the state of Florida. We currently serve over 900 participants spread over four locations: Hialeah, Westchester, Miramar, and our main campus in the Buena Vista neighborhood of Miami. PACE is a comprehensive, fully integrated, provider-based health program for those who require and a nursing home level of care. The PACE philosophy is centered on the belief that it is better for frail individuals and their families to be served in the community whenever possible. Although all PACE participants are eligible for nursing home care, 90 percent continue to live in the community.