We are a multi-physician Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) in South Miami conducting approximately 200 procedures a month and growing. We are currently expanding into Ft. Lauderdale and seeking a resourceful, highly motivated, detailed-oriented, hands-on team player to join our company as a Medical Assistant. Experience with eClinicalWorks is preferred but not required.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to grow within the company, as our surgical center has grown 427% in the last 3 years, and we are currently building out a 2nd location in Ft. Lauderdale and show no signs of slowing down.
This opportunity has become available as our practice has grown, requiring an additional Medical Assitant in our South Miami practice, as well as needing to staff our new practice in Ft. Lauderdale.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Escort patients to exam rooms, conduct patient interviews, measure vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and document all information in the patient's chart.
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information is accurate and available in patients' EMR (Electronic Medical Records) prior to their appointment
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by adhering to HIPPA Policy
- Prepares treatment rooms for patient examinations; Assists physician and physician assistant in exam rooms
- Disinfects, and cleans treatment rooms following patient examinations; Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment according to OSHA standards and procedures; complies with State of Florida legal regulations
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, sterilize instruments as required; Properly disposes of contaminated supplies according to OSHA standards
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change, etc.)
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls
- Draws blood, Removes sutures, Changes dressings
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- High school diploma or GED and completion of an accredited medical assistant certification program
- Able to answer phones with proper telephone etiquette using a multi-line phone system
- Be able to prioritize workload while remaining flexible
- EMR Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with patients
- Must be detailed-oriented and highly organized
- Knowledge of patient care
- Must understand HIPPA Policy