St. Luke's Health System is seeking a Clinical Lab Assistant for a job in Twin Falls, Idaho.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Clinical Lab Assistant
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 8 hours, flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
St. Luke’s Health System in Twin Falls, ID is seeking a Lab Asst 1 to join our Twin Falls Laboratory Hospital team.
The Lab Assistant 1 is responsible for the pre-analytical processing of laboratory specimens AND/OR for the procurement and preparation of laboratory specimens for testing. The Lab Assistant 1 performs simple tasks and test under direct supervision.
Schedule: 8 hrs every 2 weeks, variable schedule that will include days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Sort, verify specimen labeling, order entry and distribute specimen.
- May perform Point of Care Testing (POCT).
- May collect blood samples from patients, verify records and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Ensures specimens are properly identified, collected, labeled and stored.
- May order laboratory tests in an efficient, accurate manner.
- May explain collection procedures and provide patient instructions to ensure the accurate collection or preparation of specimens, to facilitate patient/caregiver understanding and to reduce patient anxiety. Provide courier routes as assigned.
- Complies with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment.
- May register patients or provide courier services.
- Education: High school or equivalent.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke’s Health System. We are the state’s largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We’re proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke’s is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.
St. Luke's Health System Job ID #2022-62124. Posted job title: Laboratory Assistant 1
About St. Luke's Health System
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke’s Health System. We are Idaho's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We’re proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Discount program
- Mileage reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Holiday Pay
- Guaranteed Hours
- Employee assistance programs
- Continuing Education
- Medical benefits
- 403b retirement plan
- Dental benefits
- Sick pay
- Vision benefits