* High School Diploma or GED equivalent (must provide proofat time of interview)
* Completion of an American Medical Association (A.M.A.) approved School of Radiologic Technology (must provide proof at time of interview)
* Registered by the American Registry of Radiological Technologist (ARRT) for Mammography and Radiology (must provide proof at time of interview)
* Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification (must provide proof at time of interview)
* Active and Current license in good standing with the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA)
* Must be able to travel to work sites throughout Cook County Health (CCH)
* One (1) year of clinical experience as a Mammography Technologist
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
* Basic knowledge of mammography
* Knowledge of basic computer skills
* Knowledge of patient restraint policy and procedures
* Knowledge and use of pediatric immobilization devices
* Good skills interpreting instructions and requests made by the Physician or Radiologist
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups
* Demonstrate analytical and organizational, problem-solving, critical thinking and conflict management/resolution skills
* Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and precision
* Demonstrates ability to position patients of various body sizes and ages correctly & manipulate equipment & controls to produce optimum radiographic images.
* Ability to examine and evaluate technical aspects of radiological films
* Ability to adhere to department policies and standards utilizing best practices incorporating the use of electronic health record (EHR)
* Ability to follow Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
* Ability to meet appropriate confidentiality standards for protected health information (PHI)
* This position requires various types of physical exertion including but not limited to lifting, pushing, pulling, prolonged standing, walking, sitting, and operating departmental equipment and/or other devices.
Physical and Environmental Demands
This position is functioning within a healthcare environment. The incumbent is responsible for adherence to all hospital and department specific safety requirements. This includes but is not limited to the following policies and procedures: complying with Personal Protective Equipment requirements, hand washing and sanitizing practices, complying with department specific engineering and work practice controls and any other work area safety precautions as specified by hospital wide policy and departmental procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the personnel so classified.
For purposes of the American with Disabilities Act, "Typical Duties" are essential job functions.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
* Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
* Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
* Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* Basic Term Life Insurance
* Pension Plan
* Deferred Compensation Program
* Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
* You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
* Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U. S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
* Please note all offers of employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
* CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH & HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.