Ops Registered Nurse - 64944184
Requisition No: 797433
Agency: Department of Health
Working Title: OPS REGISTERED NURSE - 64944184
Position Number: 64944184
Salary: $25.00 - $30.00 Hr
Posting Closing Date: 03/28/2023
Your Specific Responsibilities:
* Provides direct services to clients including: immunization, administration of ordered medications, pregnancy testing, tuberculosis testing and other testing or services which fall within nursing practice
* Offers education and information on family planning methods and services
* Counsels clients on basic health promotion and risk behaviors, including but not limited to: communicable disease control, maternal and child health, family planning, nutrition, growth and development, safety and anticipatory guidance
* Advises and counsels clients on health promotion, STD & HIV risk reduction, and care and management of disease
* Completes assignments and functions independently
* Follows policies and procedures, including standing orders
* Meets productivity expectations for this position
* Assists examiners as needed
* Documents all observations and actions accurately utilizing the electronic record, and the Florida Shots Registry
* Complies with HIPAA guidelines and the Florida Department of Health's Information Security Policy ensuring client information is secure 100% of the time
* Performs other duties as required
* Keeps supervisor informed
* Attends staff meetings as required
* Attends training for personal and professional growth
* Meets annual training requirements
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to prioritize responsibilities
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
* Skill in use of a personal computer
* Knowledge of patient confidentiality laws
* Use multiple computer programs and software such as Microsoft office to retrieve and/or input data.
* Independent problem solving skills
* Strong verbal communication and listening skills
* Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others
* Ability to manage diverse situations
* Clear and active license in the State of Florida to practice as a registered nurse
* Current valid Florida Driver's License or able to obtain one within 30 days of employment
* Access to private transportation and willing to travel to other locations and provide coverage as needed
* At least one year of experience working with an electronic medical record
* At least one year of experience working as a Registered Nurse
* At least one year of experience working in a public health environment
* Experience giving adult and children's vaccinations
Florida Department of Health Mission, Vision, and Values:
To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
To be the Healthiest State in the Nation.
I nnovation: We search for creative solutions and manage resources wisely.
C ollaboration: We use teamwork to achieve common goals & solve problems.
A ccountability: We perform with integrity & respect.
R esponsiveness: We achieve our mission by serving our customers & engaging our partners.
E xcellence: We promote quality outcomes through learning & continuous performance improvement.
Where You Will Work:
This position will be based at the Roth Building in Tavernier. This position may be required to travel to other DOH clinics in Marathon and Key West.
The Benefits of Working for the State of Florida:
Working for the State of Florida is more than a paycheck. As an OPS employee, the benefits below are available:
* State of Florida 401(a) FICA Alternative Plan (mandatory)
* Participation in state group insurance (upon meeting eligibility requirements. Consult with People First and/or the serving HR office)
* Workers' Compensation (mandatory, if needed)
* Reemployment Assistance (Unemployment Compensation) (mandatory, if needed)
* Deferred Compensation (voluntary)
* Employee Assistance Program (voluntary)
* And more!
For a more complete list of benefits, including monthly costs, visit www.mybenefits.myflorida.com.
Please be advised:
Your responses to qualifying questions for this position must be verifiable by documentation provided through the electronic application process.
This position requires a security background check and/or drug screening and participation in direct deposit. Any misrepresentations or omissions will disqualify you from employment consideration. Note: You will be required to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) in order to conduct this background check Successful completion of a drug test is a condition of employment for safety-sensitive positions.
Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website: http://www.sss.gov
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the Form I-9 and that information will be verified using the E-Verify system. E-Verify is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employment eligibility.
Incumbents may be required to perform emergency duty before, during, and/or beyond normal work hours or days.
Florida has the third largest population of veterans in the nation with more than 1.5 million service men and women. The Florida Department of Health (department) is committed to serving members of the United States Armed Forces, veterans and their families by encouraging them to apply for vacancies that fit their area of knowledge and/or expertise. Through the Department's VALOR program, which expedites licensing for military veterans, the Department also waives initial licensing and application fees for military veterans who apply for a health care professional license within 60 months of an honorable discharge. These initiatives help ensure that the transition from military service into the workforce is as smooth as possible and reflects our appreciation for the dedication devoted to protecting our country.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Nearest Major Market: Key West