MRI Technician - John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital - Radiology
* Graduate of an accredited training program in Radiologic Technology (Must provide official transcripts at time of interview)
* Three (3) years of experience as a Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist
* One (1) year of clinical MRI scanning experience
* IV therapy and infusion experience
* Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation certification (Must provide poof at time of interview if already obtained)
* State License by Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) (Must provide proof at time of interview)
* Certified with American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Radiology (Must provide proof at time of interview)
* Graduate of an accredited MRI Training program (Must provide official transcripts at time of interview)
* Certified with American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and MR Technologist and valid registry card (Must provide proof at time of interview)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
* Recognize high electromagnetic field hazard and infectious diseases and adhere to safety precautions for self, patients and other personnel
* Skilled in operation of MR equipment
* Ability to sustain for long periods of time, standing, sitting, bending, and moving
* Ability to lift a minimum of 25-50 lbs. and use of proper lifting mechanics to prevent injuries
* Willingness and ability to cross-train in CT
* Able to work in a stressful environment due to equipment limitation and changing priorities for patient throughout
* Must be able to be independent and make appropriate decisions as related to any immediate and recognizable change in patient condition
* Must be able to recognize needs and behavior of a variety of age groups of patients treated, i.e., understand child growth and development, normal patterns of adolescent behavior and look for signs of normal aging, prior experience with various age groups is preferred
* Willing to work overtime as requested
* Willing to work flexible hours as requested and respond to work request on short notice
* Able to take emergency calls and respond within one (1) hour notice
* Demonstrate professional growth and development by attending continuing education seminar and other educational related activities
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service.
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
* Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
* Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
* Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW
MUST MEET REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION
* Degrees awarded outside the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
* Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
* CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER