HCA Florida Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Med Surg for a nursing job in Tallahassee, Florida.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Med Surg
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: nights, flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
Shift: Nights (Rotating Weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) RN FT Nights you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida Capital Hospital which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Florida Capital Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at HCA Florida Capital Hospital!
Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
2. Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
3. Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
4. Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
5. Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
6. Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
7. Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
8. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
9. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
10. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
11. Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
12. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
13. Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
14. Other duties as assigned.
A. Core Competencies:
1. Service: Strives to meet expectations/needs of customers; responds to concerns with sense of urgency; seeks win-win solutions for unreasonable patient/customer expectations
2. Quality/Ethics/Integrity: Seeks opportunities for improvement; prevents small problems from becoming large ones; pays attention to detail; follows instructions and protocol/procedures; adheres to company code of conduct; maintains integrity in all aspects of his/her work
3. Relationships: Builds effective working relationships; finds and provides information to clarify situations; expands on original ideas; contributes own ideas; places high priority on other team members’ goals; gains team agreement to support ideas; clearly explains rationale behind ideas/goals; demonstrates sensitivity to differing cultural views and needs; meets attendance and punctuality requirements
4. Adaptability: Seeks to understand changes in work tasks/processes; actively seeks information about new tasks/processes; treats change and new tasks/processes as opportunities for learning and personal growth; speaks positively about changes to others; quickly modifies behavior to deal effectively with change
B. Job Specific: As defined in department specific competencies
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Associates Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing required
· Florida RN license and/or approved multistate RN license required
· BLS-American Heart Association BLS Provider issued card required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
· 1-3 Years Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
· Knowledge of universal precautions
· Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
· Basic computer skills
· Basic arrhythmia test recognition – have upon hire or within 30 days of hire with a 90% passing score
This is a 39 bed surgical inpatient and 18 bed ortho/neuro inpatient unit specializing in the delivery of acute surgical care of the adult patient. Both units are located on the fifth floor. The patient population includes adults undergoing general, gynecological, abdominal, orthopedic, urology, and neurosurgical procedures. Infrequently, the units care for non-cardiovascular medical patients requiring nursing observation and monitoring. Remote telemetry is provided as ordered
The competencies identified for this position are summarized and reviewed periodically throughout employment. The required behaviors and measurement associated with core, job specific, age specific, and management (if applicable) competencies and are maintained in the department education file.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Capital Hospital is a 288-bed acute care hospital. We are a fully accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,400 employees and 500 providers. We deliver 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties. This includes a Pediatric ER and an Express Care ER. We offer a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, and Chest Pain Center w/PCI. We have a Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Our hospital offers an Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy Services, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, and Wound Healing Center. We offer a Network-of-Care Affiliated Physic
HCA Florida Healthcare Job ID #1-INFOR-701611. Posted job title: RN FT Nights
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan