Infection Control Preventionist - $7,500 Sign-On Bonus
At FutureCare our Infection Control Preventionist have an innate calling to directly help our residents experience meaning outcomes for healthier living. The Infection Control Preventionist follows established guidelines for the prevention and spread of contagious, infectious, or communicable disease to provide a clean/safe environment for our staff, residents, and families. They also play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic and critically ill residents while closely monitoring all employee health programs.
Voted 11 years in a row in The Baltimore Sun as "Top Workplaces" and recognized in US Newsweek as "Best Nursing Homes", FutureCare stands out as a leader in managing health care across a continuum of care. We are known for recognizing hard work and dedication and reward our team members for their compassion and care. We also offer a Competitive Salary, Excellent Benefits Package, Nurse Retention Bonus, Flex/Advance Pay, Tuition Reimbursement, Career Growth Ladder, Employee Referral Bonus Program, Employee Assistance, 401K Plan.
* Ensures that infection control policies and procedures are implemented, followed, and updated when necessary
* Conducts rounds throughout facility to assure compliance with state and federal guidelines
* To hold and chair quarterly Infection Control Meetings, and review information obtained from the infection prevention, surveillance, and control program to improve resident care and employee work practices
* Carry out surveillance to monitor the facility rates of Nosocomial infection, risk factors, and, as needed, analysis that relate to infection prevention and control
* Report all diseases that are required to be reported to appropriate Health Department officials. Administrator, Medical Director, and DON are to be notified
* Provide regular in-services on infection control
* Current Maryland RN licensure
* BLS Certification Required
* ICP or related certification a plus
* Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in a skilled nursing facility or critical care nursing
* Knowledgeable in area of infection control with basic knowledge of the principles of epidemiology and infections, diseases, sterilization, sanitation, and disinfection practice preferred
* Attendance at Infection Control seminars, preferably A.P.I.C.