CDU RN, On-Call - Tyson's
To provide comprehensive nursing care to patients in the CDU setting. Provide nursing care and assessment for patients who may require a significant period of time for treatment or monitoring prior to discharge.
* Deliver competent urgent or emergent nursing care to a diverse patient population of all ages, acuities and conditions.
Mon-Fri, weekend shifts, alternating holidays.
NIH STROKE CERTIFICATION and ENPC WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF HIRE
TRI-JURISDICTIONAL LICENSE (VA, MD, DC)
BLS, ACLS and PALS CERTIFIED WHEN HIRED
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a registered nurse in an emergency room or acute care environment.
* Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program.
* Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course within 6 months of hire
License, Certification, Registration
* This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post hire.
* Registered Nurse License (Maryland) within 6 months of hire AND Registered Nurse License (Virginia) within 6 months of hire
* Compact License: Registered Nurse within 6 months of hire
* Registered Nurse License (District of Columbia) within 6 months of hire
* Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support
* Proficient in use of applicable computer software required.
* Able to pass a regional competency exam within 3 months of hire.
* Experience with patient populations ranging from infant to geriatrics.
* Experience in IV therapy is preferred.
* BSN is preferred.
Primary Location: Virginia,McLean,Tyson's Corner Medical Center Scheduled Weekly Hours: 1 Shift: Night Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start: 12:00 AM Working Hours End: 08:30 AM Job Schedule: Call-in/On-Call Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: M38|UFCW|Local 400 Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: Tysons Corner Medical Center - Observation Unit - 1808 Pay Range: $59.22 - $65.53 Travel: No At Kaiser Permanente, equity, inclusion and diversity are inextricably linked to our mission, and we aim to make it a part of everything we do. We know that having a diverse and inclusive workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better place to receive health care, a more supportive partner in our communities we serve, and a more fulfilling place to work. Working at Kaiser Permanente means that you agree to and abide by our commitment to equity and our expectation that we all work together to create an inclusive work environment focused on a sense of belonging and wellbeing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Expected Employee Conduct >
Share This Job