Utilization Review RN - Discharge Planning, Children's Hospital *$10,000 Sign On Bonus
The Utilization Review RN is responsible for utilization review, discharge planning and transitions in care, in collaboration with MAPMG rounder in acute or alternative settings of care.
* Utilization Review. According to department policy, procedure and protocols, consistently apply and verbally communicate approved utilization review criteria and guidelines for services delivered in acute or alternative care settings.
* Eligibility and Benefit Verification. Confirm eligibility status and ensure the appropriate administration of benefits in accordance with department policies and procedures.
* Assessing Right Venue of Care with Hospitalist. Collaboration with Hospitalist to assess the appropriate level of care for patients (i.e., Medical Unit, Surgical Unit, Tele Unit, TCU, ICU) and post- (Home, Continuum or Community-based Services) hospitalization.
* Coordination of Care. Driving patient care plan through assuring daily plan is executed, and management of transitions and post-hospital care.
* Effective Discharge Planning. Prompt, clinically appropriate discharge planning beginning at time of admission.
* Variance Management. Timely steps in identification of delays in throughput, escalation to correct delays, and recording delays to identify patterns and trends that will require corrective actions.
* Quality Screening. Demonstrate competency to assess all aspects of care across the continuum for variations from quality and utilization standards.
* Performs other related duties as directed.
Case Management experience preferred. May be required to float to WHC to backfill for call outs. Peds/adult patients. Every other weekend and holiday commitment.
* Minimum one (1) year of experience as an RN in an acute care setting.
License, Certification, Registration
* This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post hire.
* Registered Nurse License (Maryland) within 6 months of hire AND Registered Nurse License (Virginia) within 6 months of hire
* Compact License: Registered Nurse within 6 months of hire
* Registered Nurse License (District of Columbia) within 6 months of hire
* Basic Life Support
* Annually: Successful completion of PCC Assessment of Critical Skills. Passing score on inter-rater reliability.
* Ability to effectively communicate.
* Ability to conform to established policies and procedures.
* Ability to analytically problem solve and make decisions.
* Ability to tolerate and cope with ambiguity
* Ability to work as a team member.
* Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively and clearly present information through the written word, to influence or persuade others through oral presentation in positive or negative circumstances, and to listen well.
* Demonstrated ability to write clearly, legibly, and effectively, to present ideas and document activities, to read and interpret written information.
* Recent acute care, case management, or home health experience preferred.
* B.S.N. preferred.
Primary Location: District of Columbia,Washington,Children's Hospital Washington DC Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat Working Hours Start: 08:30 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: M38|UFCW|Local 400 Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: Children's Hospital - UR-Discharge Planning - 1808 Pay Range: $43.67 - $48.93 Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time At Kaiser Permanente, equity, inclusion and diversity are inextricably linked to our mission, and we aim to make it a part of everything we do. We know that having a diverse and inclusive workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better place to receive health care, a more supportive partner in our communities we serve, and a more fulfilling place to work. Working at Kaiser Permanente means that you agree to and abide by our commitment to equity and our expectation that we all work together to create an inclusive work environment focused on a sense of belonging and wellbeing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Expected Employee Conduct >
Share This Job