Cardiovascular Special Procedures Tech - Arlington, TX
Cardiovascular Special Procedures Tech
Cardiovascular Special Procedures Tech- Full Time/ Days
Texas Health Heart and Vascular’s Cardiac Cath Lab department is looking for a top skilled Cardiovascular Special Procedures Tech. Is that you?
**Sign-On for Eligible New Hires**
Work location: Texas Health Heart and Vascular: 811 Wright St Arlington, TX 76012
Work hours: Full Time (40 Hour) Day Shift
- Team based environment
- Workplace culture 2nd to none
- Great benefits/ 401k / PTO
- We operate on lean principles and rely heavily on a team atmosphere and individual performance
- Highly engaged Cardiac Cath Lab management
Texas Health Heart & Vascular Hospital is a separately licensed hospital located on the campus of Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital. We are a 47-bed facility including a 20 bed Cardiovascular ICU and a 27-bed cardiac telemetry unit. Texas Health Heart & Vascular Hospital is accredited for Chest Pain through The Joint Commission. We have achieved AHA’s Gold Plus award for three years in a row plus AHA’s Gold Plus award for Heart Failure. We specialize in CABG and Valve surgeries, thoracotomies, general cardiac including heart failure, cardiomyopathies, AMI, TAVR, post heart catheterization including angioplasty, stenting and electrophysiology studies.
Here’s What You Need
- Associate's Degree Applied Science required Or
- Other completion of accredited program in radiologic or cardiovascular technology required Or
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (2 years work experience in invasive cardiology) required
- 1 year vascular or cardiac angiography preferred or
- 2 years required with high school diploma required
- Cath and/or EP experience is preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- ARRT - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists upon hire required Or
- RCIS - Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist upon hire required Or
- RCES - Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist Upon Hire Req And
- CMRT - Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist if ARRT upon hire required And
- BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly required
What You Will Do
- Uses multidisciplinary, team-oriented actions
- Assesses and recognizes the patients emotional, physical, developmental, cognitive and psychosocial conditions
- Prepares room for examination (i.e. suction, oxygen, supplies)
- Checks physician orders and exam requisitions using time-out procedures
- Greets and acknowledges patient, using two forms of ID
Imaging Procedures, Quality and Processing
- Explains procedures to patient or guardian / family member if applicable prior to exam
- Positions patient to correct anatomical area of interest
- Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations
- Adjusts technique parameters appropriately for age related factors
- Assists radiologist with complex and invasive procedures using aseptic technique
Equipment Operation and Maintenance
- Adjusts technical factors
- Operates, cares for and maintains equipment
- Applies knowledge of physics and accessories
- Troubleshoots and properly documents equipment malfunction
- Maintains equipment and room to sanitary standards
Professional Accountability and Partnership
- Maintains and enhances technical skills and technology advancement
- Attends departmental continuing education, meetings, and checks email
- Identifies, troubleshoots and initiates quality improvement
- Manages time and re-prioritizes as necessary
- Performs any assignment deemed necessary by supervisor
Additional perks of being a Cardiovascular Special Procedures Tech:
- Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Program as well as several other benefits.
- At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make us a great place to work.
- A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
- Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com.