RN 5 NN
350 7th St North
* Essential Job Accountabilities:
* Job Summary:
* The Registered Nurse independently plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care in patient care situations using standards of care, policy and procedure. Provides direct nursing care to patients, assumes teaching and leadership responsibilities. Participates in shared decision making, unit committee and quality improvement activities. Needs minimal supervision.
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Develops plan that includes strategies to attain expected outcomes.
* Implements the plan of care interventions and medical plan of care as appropriate.
* Coordinates care delivery.
* Employs patient teaching to promote health and safety.
* Evaluates progress toward outcomes.
* Practices ethically.
* Attains knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice.
* Integrates evidence and research finding into practice.
* Contributes to quality nursing practice and shared decision making (SDM) by supporting council decisions, implementation of decisions and active participation in SDM.
* Communicates effectively in all areas of practice.
* Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting.
* Collaborate with patient, family, the inter-professional team, and others in the conduct of nursing practice.
* Utilizes appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing services that are safe, effective, and financially responsible.
* Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
* Accountable to foster, participate, and be knowledgeable with the shared decision making model of the NCH Healthcare System.
* Education, Experience, Qualifications:
* Minimum of 1 year of experience in acute care required.
* New practicing RN with no experience must apply to the New Grad Resident Program and must meet the below requirements.
* Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the State of Florida.
* Basic Life Support (BLS Provider) certification required from American Heart Association
* Intermediate computer knowledge: Uses Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Windows