We are seeking a full-time back office Medical Assistant for our internal medicine office, Addison Internal Medicine, located in Addison, Texas.
This position handles a variety of patient care activities including, but not limited to, accompanying patients to exam rooms, taking vitals, collecting patient history, administering injections and immunizations, assisting with procedures, prescription refills, and patient callbacks.
- Rooming patients, taking vitals and collecting patient histories
- Assisting in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the providers
- Updating and filing patientsâ€™ medical records
- Relaying instructions to patients/families
- Administering injections and vaccinations
- Drawing blood
- Cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments, and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control
- Restocking exam/procedure rooms
- Prescription refills
- Patient call-backs
- Arrange hospital admissions and laboratory services
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- A Medical Assistant diploma from an accredited Medical Assistant program required
- Two years experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office
- EMR experience also required; E-Clinical Works preferred
- NCT preferred but not required
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Full-Time Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. No weekends or after hours.
Learn more about the office and its culture by visiting www.addisoninternalmedicine.com.
99 Healthcare Management is a Dallas-based physician practice management company. We help healthcare providers focus on their core skills â€“ delivering high-quality care to their patients - by providing oversight and support for all administrative functions. Our service areas include human resources, accounting, marketing and business development, provider credentialing, and revenue cycle management. The practices we manage range in size and specialty and include internal medicine, family medicine, pain management, cardiology, OBGYN, and more.