We?re hiring a Certified Medical Assistant?to join our Hawthorne, NJ team.
Vanguard Medical Group is an independent primary care group practice with 11 offices in Northern and Central New Jersey. We are committed to providing evidence-based healthcare that achieves the quality outcomes that improve the health and safety of our patients and the populations we manage. We also strive to take care of our people, and that's not just patients. We want to ensure that our clinical and administrative staff have a good work-life balance, are engaged at VMG, and experience joy at work.
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours a week. Working hours will be between 8:00am ? 8:00pm, with some weekend hours required. This is a position with a compensation rate of 19.00 - 21.00 per hour, depending on experience.
About the role:
The Certified Medical Assistant?carries out orders for patient care as directed by the Physicians, Advanced Practitioners and Supervisors. The Certified Medical Assistant II follows prescribed clinical workflows and participates in clinical and/or administrative tasks.
- Prepares patient for examination or treatment and arranges exam room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Verify patient information, review and/or record medical history, take vital signs and confirm the purpose of visit.
- Assist providers with patient care and prepare laboratory specimens; perform basic laboratory tests on the premises (as appropriate); dispose of contaminated supplies; sterilize medical instruments; administer medications on the premises; authorize drug refills as directed; telephone prescriptions to pharmacies; draw blood; prepare patients for x-rays; take electrocardiograms; remove sutures; change dressings.
- Educate patients by providing medication and diet information and answering questions.
- Update medical records by recording patient examination, treatment information plans, and test results.
- Answer patient questions on referrals and initiate referral process with patients and specialists.
- Record billing information of services rendered; complete insurance forms; respond to insurance and other third-party inquiries.
- Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keep equipment in good condition, troubleshoots breakdowns; maintain supplies; perform preventive maintenance and calls for repairs.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Demonstrate initiative to keep practice flow moving through effectively prioritizing work.
- Understand importance of personal contribution and demonstrates teamwork as team member
- Show personal initiative to improve clinical outcomes.
- Demonstrate loyalty to the organization and its mission.
- Perform all other clinical duties as assigned by Vanguard Medical Group.