West Cecil Health Center is looking to add to their Medical Practice Team! WCHC is looking for a friendly, driven, BILINGUAL (SPANISH) MEDICAL ASSISTANT who is passionate about their work, wishes to make a difference in their community and is interested in continued development. Bilingual, English-Spanish is a plus.
If you’re looking to work for an organization that offers great benefits, growth opportunities and a positive atmosphere, this is the job for you!
MEDICAL ASSISTANT POSITION SUMMARY
The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for patient care, and a variety of clinical and administrative medical duties, under the direction of a physician or licensed health care provider.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Growth and Advancement Opportunities
- Company Sponsored Events
- Employee Engagement Committees
- WCHC offers a compressive benefit package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- Employer paid Life and AD&D and Disability insurance
- 401K with employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off and Volunteer time
- Paid Holidays
- Education reimbursement
MEDICAL ASSISTANT ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Room patients, obtain vitals, patient history and reason for seeking care.
- Schedule follow up appointments and process telephone messages.
- Collection/preparation of lab specimens
- Maintain patient records confidentially.
- Assist with approved list of medication refills.
- Assist the provider with patient education pertaining to their ongoing
- health care:
- Results of lab and x-ray reports
- Diet and exercise
- Laboratory and radiology preparation
- Diabetes teaching including insulin injections
- Perform and/or assist with Medical Daily Checklist items (attached herein).
- Experiences with Electronic Medical Records.
- Complete Referrals and Prior-Authorizations
- Administer immunizations and screenings.
This job might be for you if you:
- Have your Medical Assistant Certification (preferred)
- are CPR/BLS certified
- are warm and outgoing
- have excellent telephone skills and etiquette
- are able to work well under pressure.
- Work accurately and efficiently.
At WCHC, we embrace diversity and we don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, or veteran status.