To provide technical, supportive, age specific and developmentally appropriate patient care functions for assigned clinical area.
Our ideal candidate will have one (1) +/- years of MA experience, preferably in an outpatient or clinicsetting.Certification or Registration as aMedical Assistant a plusESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides high level customer service in all interactions with internal and external customers.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of constituencies.
- Provides direct, professional, and knowledgeable interactions with patients, physicians, referral sources, and the treatment team.
- Acts as patient advocate and liaisons with various departments to meet mutual goals.
- Maintains patient confidentiality regarding access to patient and other clinical information via email, computer, fax, and mail.
- Addresses concerns of patients, provides service recovery, and escalates issues as needed.
- Performs routine patient care responsibilities such as taking vital signs, venipuncture (blood draws), collect specimens, EKGs/ECGs, and laboratory Point of Care Testing.
- Collects patient health history, performs medication reconciliation, and enters information in EPIC.
- Administer Injections and medications as directed by medical provider.
- Notes the chief complaint/reason for patient's visit.
- Prepare equipment, examination rooms, and clean instruments as directed.
- Assists with medical procedures and exams as needed.
- Instructs patients on general care and medicine procedures.
- Maintains patient and service rooms in a neat and orderly condition.
- Conducts patient outreach phone calls and post visit follow-ups.
- Responds to routine patient phone calls and MyChart messages and route to RN, ACP or Physician as needed.
- Performs clerical/administrative responsibilities such as filing and/or scanning patient medical records, obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, and referral information.
- Must be able to communicate thoughts clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to observe changes in the medical condition of patients and effectively communicate these changes to other nursing staff members and physicians/providers.
- General computer skills, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, information security, electronic medical documentation, and email.
: High school or equivalent AND... Medical Assistant I:
High school or equivalent AND...
- Registered Medical Assistant or graduate of an approved Medical Assistant program.
- CPR Certification required.
$15.38- $23.08per hour,commensurate with experience.Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.