Collect and process laboratory specimens and perform CLIA-waived tests.
The starting range for this position is $19.25 - 25.25 hourly.
$750 Sign On Bonus
- Collect and/or process all applicable specimens in the laboratory.
- Perform basic tests (CLIA-waived) following established laboratory procedures and policies, exercising independent judgment when necessary.
- Perform STATE testing and manages all results
- Generate appropriate test requests and reports test results conforming to established policies and procedures.
- Perform, record and evaluate defined quality control; Procedures required from tests assayed and proficiency testing.
- Operate, monitor, and maintain laboratory equipment according to established policies and procedures.
- Assume independent responsibility for all clerical functions in the laboratory.
- Follow established procedures for clinics and environmental care.
- Maintain strict OSHA standards.
- Pursue professional education and development.
- Identify opportunities to improve work flow, work processes and patient care, and work cooperatively to implement these and other quality improvements.
- Adhere to HIPAA guidelines.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Successful completion of a medical assistant program from an accredited school
Experience: Successful completion of medical assistant externship
- Medical Assistant Certification
- CPR Certified
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Knowledge of current laboratory processes and tests, CLIA, OSHA, & safety standards.
- Demonstrated laboratory testing proficiency; basic testing equipment and techniques, use of test kits, QC, phlebotomy, specimen collection and processing; record keeping; appropriate application of OSHA standards.
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrated initiative;
- Ability to effectively perform multiple and changing tasks in a high volume environment;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Self-starter; able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Our Benefits Include:
- 18 PTO days per year & 11 paid holidays
- Major Medical Health Insurance Coverage. Most employees experience $0 in out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Dental & Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- Employer paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Annual Training
- 403(b) with 4% employer matching
People’s Community Clinic is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, language, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or sex stereotyping.
We want you to do your best throughout the interview process. CLICK HERE to learn more about how to prepare.